2002 HEBREW U. CAFETERIA BOMBED; 2009 ISLAMIC U. CAFETERIA BOMBED
It is all so predictable
First they came for the Jews -
July 31, 2002 - Terrorist bombing at Hebrew University cafeteria
Nine people - four Israelis and five foreign nationals - were killed and 85 injured, 14 of them seriously, when a bomb exploded in the crowded Frank Sinatra cafeteria on the Hebrew University Mt. Scopus campus shortly after 13:30. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack
And celebrated -
October 21, 2009 - Students terrorized
ISLAMABAD/LAHORE: The provincial governments on Tuesday ordered the closure of government and private educational institutions across the country following an attack on the International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI) in which six people, including three female students, were killed and 29 others injured. . . .
The first blast targeted the cafeteria adjacent to a girls’ hostel around 2:10pm, while the second one targeted the Sharia and Law Department building.
The Taliban took responsibility though they did not dare celebrate in public.
Listen to AP report. It contains not a single word of censure. It simply presents the bombing as an expected Taliban response to the government decision to regain control of the Northwest territory. And who do the students demonstrate against? The Taliban. No way. Their own government -
At least officials feel outrage though their claim that the perpetrators they could not be Muslims for Muslims would not do such a thing is absurd.
LAHORE: Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer on Tuesday condemned the suicide bombings at the International Islamic University in Islamabad and expressed concern over the loss of precious lives in the incident. He said the attackers were not followers of Islam and had nothing to do with humanity. Taseer said such inhuman acts would not deter the government’s efforts to eliminate terrorism. staff report
Denial is a true and tested Muslim method. Do not forget that Iranians claim that we should not worry about their nuclear development as Islam forbids the use of nuclear weapons.
Will the Muslim silent majority ever dare to insist on the return of red lines? Given the media/intellectual acceptance of such viciousness, it is unlikely.
Still today the founder of Human Rights Watch stood up against his own organization's nihilism as evidenced in the Goldstone report, so maybe be there is reason to hope anyway.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades