HAMAS (GOLDSTONE ASSIST) 1- PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY 0
Goldstone must be pleased. He strengthened Iran's terrorist proxy, Hamas and weakened PA. Not wishing to hand Hamas a victory and hoping to use the delay as a valuable card in his negotiations with Israel, Abbas sought to delay consideration of the Goldstone report. Hamas accused it of betrayal and the Palestinian street took it's side. Abbas gave in. Now the ball is in the American court. Will it exercise its veto power at the Security Council? At what price?
One senior Palestinian politician, Yasser Abed Rabbo, has said the leadership had erred by seeking the deferral of the debate at the Human Rights Council until next March.
"We must say a mistake has been made. This mistake should not be underestimated or concealed," he said in a radio interview.
Many Palestinians have expressed outrage at Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas for seeming to let Israelis off the hook following Goldstone's trenchant criticism of Israel's blockade of Gaza and attacks on its citizens.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history