70% OF THE BRITISH VOTE FOR PARTIES THAT SUPPORT THE WAR. BLAIR=SHARON
When all said and done, Blair did what Sharon is doing now. He took a position which conflicts with a major part of his own constituency. He could do it in part because it enjoyed the support of his major opposition party. Note, that the same pundits who praise Sharon, berate Blair. This does not make either of them right but it also does not mean that they are out of touch with the voters!
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)