FRIEDMAN AND HIS FELLOW WESTERN INTELLECTUALS ALSO REAP WHAT THEY SOWED
In part the Arab-Muslim world is reaping something it sowed. Way too many Arab intellectuals and religious and political leaders were ready to extol suicide bombing when it was directed against Israelis. Now they are seeing how this weapon of nihilism - once sanctified and glorified - can be used against their own societies. It was wrong when it was used against Jews, and it is wrong when it is used against Muslims. You can't build a decent society on the graves of suicide bombers and their victims.
There is reason to argue with his failure to hold Western intellectual and religious and political leaders similarly responsible. As Vaclav Havel recently told the students in Georgetown University, without outside sympathy, the Jihadist would be much less dangerous. Let us remember that it all began when Yasser Arafat was invited to adress the UN in army fatigue and a gun in his holster.
As to Tom Friedman, he has recently told Bill Mahr that"we asked only two things from the Arabs: oil and to be nice to the Jews!" Even Bill Mahr could not swallow that second idea. In fact the Arabs were not even asked to be nice to the Christians!
If you do not believe me Read: Saudis Arrest Christians For Spreading 'Poison'
comments powered by Disqus
- Few in St. Louis Knew Confederate Memorial Existed. Now, Many Want It Gone.
- This is why presidents want backchannels and how it can go wrong
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools