FRIEDMAN AND HIS FELLOW WESTERN INTELLECTUALS ALSO REAP WHAT THEY SOWED
In part the Arab-Muslim world is reaping something it sowed. Way too many Arab intellectuals and religious and political leaders were ready to extol suicide bombing when it was directed against Israelis. Now they are seeing how this weapon of nihilism - once sanctified and glorified - can be used against their own societies. It was wrong when it was used against Jews, and it is wrong when it is used against Muslims. You can't build a decent society on the graves of suicide bombers and their victims.
There is reason to argue with his failure to hold Western intellectual and religious and political leaders similarly responsible. As Vaclav Havel recently told the students in Georgetown University, without outside sympathy, the Jihadist would be much less dangerous. Let us remember that it all began when Yasser Arafat was invited to adress the UN in army fatigue and a gun in his holster.
As to Tom Friedman, he has recently told Bill Mahr that"we asked only two things from the Arabs: oil and to be nice to the Jews!" Even Bill Mahr could not swallow that second idea. In fact the Arabs were not even asked to be nice to the Christians!
If you do not believe me Read: Saudis Arrest Christians For Spreading 'Poison'
comments powered by Disqus
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history