FRIEDMAN AND HIS FELLOW WESTERN INTELLECTUALS ALSO REAP WHAT THEY SOWED
In part the Arab-Muslim world is reaping something it sowed. Way too many Arab intellectuals and religious and political leaders were ready to extol suicide bombing when it was directed against Israelis. Now they are seeing how this weapon of nihilism - once sanctified and glorified - can be used against their own societies. It was wrong when it was used against Jews, and it is wrong when it is used against Muslims. You can't build a decent society on the graves of suicide bombers and their victims.
There is reason to argue with his failure to hold Western intellectual and religious and political leaders similarly responsible. As Vaclav Havel recently told the students in Georgetown University, without outside sympathy, the Jihadist would be much less dangerous. Let us remember that it all began when Yasser Arafat was invited to adress the UN in army fatigue and a gun in his holster.
As to Tom Friedman, he has recently told Bill Mahr that"we asked only two things from the Arabs: oil and to be nice to the Jews!" Even Bill Mahr could not swallow that second idea. In fact the Arabs were not even asked to be nice to the Christians!
If you do not believe me Read: Saudis Arrest Christians For Spreading 'Poison'
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"