FRIEDMAN AND HIS FELLOW WESTERN INTELLECTUALS ALSO REAP WHAT THEY SOWED
In part the Arab-Muslim world is reaping something it sowed. Way too many Arab intellectuals and religious and political leaders were ready to extol suicide bombing when it was directed against Israelis. Now they are seeing how this weapon of nihilism - once sanctified and glorified - can be used against their own societies. It was wrong when it was used against Jews, and it is wrong when it is used against Muslims. You can't build a decent society on the graves of suicide bombers and their victims.
There is reason to argue with his failure to hold Western intellectual and religious and political leaders similarly responsible. As Vaclav Havel recently told the students in Georgetown University, without outside sympathy, the Jihadist would be much less dangerous. Let us remember that it all began when Yasser Arafat was invited to adress the UN in army fatigue and a gun in his holster.
As to Tom Friedman, he has recently told Bill Mahr that"we asked only two things from the Arabs: oil and to be nice to the Jews!" Even Bill Mahr could not swallow that second idea. In fact the Arabs were not even asked to be nice to the Christians!
If you do not believe me Read: Saudis Arrest Christians For Spreading 'Poison'
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history