WE ARE WINNING - ERDAGAN HITS THE RIGHT NOTE IN ISRAEL
Because the US is making progress in turning the ME into a more democratic place (more is the key word!) and a place more open to globalization. Just as importantly, the EU stopped its obstructionism and reiterated its commitment to democratic values by refusing to lift the ban on military exports to China.
The Erdagan change of heart came just in time to remind us of the mostly honorable Turkish behavior during World War II.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize