I AM ON VACATION
I am in Newport, RI, the home of the rich and famous during the turn of the 20th century. So far, it is obvious that they top priority was to import the worse the European dying aristocracy had to offer.
But the sun, the sea and the cliffs are wonderful.
I Will be back on on September 15. In the meantime, visit my facebook entry for quick update and worth reading material.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"