37% DEM. JEWS PERSONALLY THREATENED BY ANTISEMITISM
It is one thing to believe that in the rapid growth of Antisemitism around the world or express a general concern about Antisemitism. It is another to feel personally threatened by it in America. Yet a recent poll of Democratic Jews designed to probe their attitude towards the Obama administration and its Middle East policy reveals that not only do Jewish Democrats believe that Antisemitism is on the march but almost four out of ten feel personally threatened by it.
34. Do you think that the amount of anti-Semitism in the world today is growing rapidly, growing somewhat, staying about the same, shrinking somewhat or shrinking rapidly?
Growing Very Rapidly: 23%
Growing Somewhat Rapidly: 43%
TOTAL GROWING: 66%
STAYING THE SAME: 27%
Shrinking Somewhat: 4%
Shrinking rapidly: 0%
35. You mentioned earlier that you are Jewish. Do you ever feel personally threatened by anti-Semitism?
Unfortunately, they were asked no follow up questions. Still, trying to make sense of the results leaves me wondering about the effect their fear may have of their political stance or explain the baffling poll results: 92% continue to support both Obama and Israel regardless of their worry that he may be too biased against Israel. Most striking is the high number of the"not sure" answers. Is it possible that they hope that their stand fast support for Obama would prevent their erstwhile leftist/liberal allies from becoming even more Antisemitic?
39. Critics of President Obama say that he is too biased against Israel. Do you agree or disagree?
The same high number of"not sure" are evident in the responses related to Iran:
33. How likely do you think it is that Israel could be destroyed by an Iranian nuclear attack in the next ten years?
Very likely: 14%
Somewhat likely: 37%
TOTAL LIKELY: 51%
Somewhat Unlikely: 30%
Very Unlikely: 10%
TOTAL UNLIKELY: 40%
41. Do you think Israel should bomb Iran to stop them from developing nuclear weapons?
42. If Israel did bomb Iran, do you think the United States should support Israel?
44. Do you think there is any real chance that Iran could be stopped from developing a bomb without an Israeli attack?
45. Do you think President Obama would support Israel if it attacked Iran or not?
46. If President Obama told Israel not to attack Iran but offered no real assurance that he could stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons, would you support or oppose Obama’s decision?
One thing is obvious. It is not an easy time to be a Jew in America, most especially, an Obama supporting one.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying