37% DEM. JEWS PERSONALLY THREATENED BY ANTISEMITISM
It is one thing to believe that in the rapid growth of Antisemitism around the world or express a general concern about Antisemitism. It is another to feel personally threatened by it in America. Yet a recent poll of Democratic Jews designed to probe their attitude towards the Obama administration and its Middle East policy reveals that not only do Jewish Democrats believe that Antisemitism is on the march but almost four out of ten feel personally threatened by it.
34. Do you think that the amount of anti-Semitism in the world today is growing rapidly, growing somewhat, staying about the same, shrinking somewhat or shrinking rapidly?
Growing Very Rapidly: 23%
Growing Somewhat Rapidly: 43%
TOTAL GROWING: 66%
STAYING THE SAME: 27%
Shrinking Somewhat: 4%
Shrinking rapidly: 0%
35. You mentioned earlier that you are Jewish. Do you ever feel personally threatened by anti-Semitism?
Unfortunately, they were asked no follow up questions. Still, trying to make sense of the results leaves me wondering about the effect their fear may have of their political stance or explain the baffling poll results: 92% continue to support both Obama and Israel regardless of their worry that he may be too biased against Israel. Most striking is the high number of the"not sure" answers. Is it possible that they hope that their stand fast support for Obama would prevent their erstwhile leftist/liberal allies from becoming even more Antisemitic?
39. Critics of President Obama say that he is too biased against Israel. Do you agree or disagree?
The same high number of"not sure" are evident in the responses related to Iran:
33. How likely do you think it is that Israel could be destroyed by an Iranian nuclear attack in the next ten years?
Very likely: 14%
Somewhat likely: 37%
TOTAL LIKELY: 51%
Somewhat Unlikely: 30%
Very Unlikely: 10%
TOTAL UNLIKELY: 40%
41. Do you think Israel should bomb Iran to stop them from developing nuclear weapons?
42. If Israel did bomb Iran, do you think the United States should support Israel?
44. Do you think there is any real chance that Iran could be stopped from developing a bomb without an Israeli attack?
45. Do you think President Obama would support Israel if it attacked Iran or not?
46. If President Obama told Israel not to attack Iran but offered no real assurance that he could stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons, would you support or oppose Obama’s decision?
One thing is obvious. It is not an easy time to be a Jew in America, most especially, an Obama supporting one.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Trump is so controversial Disney reportedly won’t let him have a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents
- Before Fox News, Roger Ailes Helped Get Richard Nixon Elected
- Stanford researchers: It may not have been an external event (like climate change) that triggered the revolution in technology 50,000 years ago
- Montpelier – home of James Madison – prepares to open comprehensive exhibit on slavery
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy
- Why so many students hate history — and what to do about it
- Germany establishes its first Holocaust Studies professorship
- A journalist confesses his Filipino family kept a slave and a historian tries to put the news in perspective