GOOD TO BE A TERRORIST IN GERMANY
Kid-Gloves Antiterrorism By John Rosenthal
It’s on a recent book by the German counter-terrorism agent Michael von Wedel. Von Wedel was assigned to investigate Reda Seyam: a German-based Islamist and the presumed Qaeda financier of the 2002 Bali bombings. ( READ his PBS interview) He would later be ordered to “protect” Seyam – namely, from the CIA! Von Wedel himself writes that his investigations confirmed Seyam’s involvement in the Bali bombings. Nonetheless, no charges have ever been brought against Seyam in Germany, where he lives to this day on a reported €2300 a month in social benefits. Von Wedel, by contrast, was dismissed from his police job, charged with professional misconduct and currently lives on a welfare check of €239 a month.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career