GOOD TO BE A TERRORIST IN GERMANY
Kid-Gloves Antiterrorism By John Rosenthal
It’s on a recent book by the German counter-terrorism agent Michael von Wedel. Von Wedel was assigned to investigate Reda Seyam: a German-based Islamist and the presumed Qaeda financier of the 2002 Bali bombings. ( READ his PBS interview) He would later be ordered to “protect” Seyam – namely, from the CIA! Von Wedel himself writes that his investigations confirmed Seyam’s involvement in the Bali bombings. Nonetheless, no charges have ever been brought against Seyam in Germany, where he lives to this day on a reported €2300 a month in social benefits. Von Wedel, by contrast, was dismissed from his police job, charged with professional misconduct and currently lives on a welfare check of €239 a month.
comments powered by Disqus
- Diane Ravitch: The Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students
- Israel Historian on King David Hotel Bombing: 'It Was an Act of Terror'
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer