GOOD TO BE A TERRORIST IN GERMANY
Kid-Gloves Antiterrorism By John Rosenthal
It’s on a recent book by the German counter-terrorism agent Michael von Wedel. Von Wedel was assigned to investigate Reda Seyam: a German-based Islamist and the presumed Qaeda financier of the 2002 Bali bombings. ( READ his PBS interview) He would later be ordered to “protect” Seyam – namely, from the CIA! Von Wedel himself writes that his investigations confirmed Seyam’s involvement in the Bali bombings. Nonetheless, no charges have ever been brought against Seyam in Germany, where he lives to this day on a reported €2300 a month in social benefits. Von Wedel, by contrast, was dismissed from his police job, charged with professional misconduct and currently lives on a welfare check of €239 a month.
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead