GOOD TO BE A TERRORIST IN GERMANY
Kid-Gloves Antiterrorism By John Rosenthal
It’s on a recent book by the German counter-terrorism agent Michael von Wedel. Von Wedel was assigned to investigate Reda Seyam: a German-based Islamist and the presumed Qaeda financier of the 2002 Bali bombings. ( READ his PBS interview) He would later be ordered to “protect” Seyam – namely, from the CIA! Von Wedel himself writes that his investigations confirmed Seyam’s involvement in the Bali bombings. Nonetheless, no charges have ever been brought against Seyam in Germany, where he lives to this day on a reported €2300 a month in social benefits. Von Wedel, by contrast, was dismissed from his police job, charged with professional misconduct and currently lives on a welfare check of €239 a month.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Interview’: Seven Other Controversial Film Releases in History
- New Stonehenge Discovery Hailed As 'Most Important In 60 Years'
- Judge Rules 14-Year-Old's Execution a 'Travesty of Justice' in Case in the Jim Crow South
- Lawsuit May Reshape Tourist Industry in History-Rich Savannah
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Turns 75