THE POPE'S ROLE IN THE COLD WAR
Debka dug up and interesting International Herald Tribune 1998 pieceabout the strategic alliance between the Pope and Zbigneiw Brezeznski and added its own analysis.
It proves what we have known for some time - The US used religion (both Christianity and Islam) to defeat the USSR and its allies.
Debka fails to note, that the idea was not novel. It belonged to Faisal of Saudi Arabia and the Shah of Iran who created the Muslim pact in 1965 to fight Nasserism.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"