THE POPE'S ROLE IN THE COLD WAR
Debka dug up and interesting International Herald Tribune 1998 pieceabout the strategic alliance between the Pope and Zbigneiw Brezeznski and added its own analysis.
It proves what we have known for some time - The US used religion (both Christianity and Islam) to defeat the USSR and its allies.
Debka fails to note, that the idea was not novel. It belonged to Faisal of Saudi Arabia and the Shah of Iran who created the Muslim pact in 1965 to fight Nasserism.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?