THE POPE'S ROLE IN THE COLD WAR
Debka dug up and interesting International Herald Tribune 1998 pieceabout the strategic alliance between the Pope and Zbigneiw Brezeznski and added its own analysis.
It proves what we have known for some time - The US used religion (both Christianity and Islam) to defeat the USSR and its allies.
Debka fails to note, that the idea was not novel. It belonged to Faisal of Saudi Arabia and the Shah of Iran who created the Muslim pact in 1965 to fight Nasserism.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond