comments powered by Disqus
Kirsten Tynan - 3/10/2005
You can buy small (or large) quantities of many varieties of green coffee beans and roasters from many vendors on the web. Green coffee beans are much cheaper than their equivalent varieties roasted so some of the fancier varieties become much more reasonable to indulge in.
I purchased a simple electric air roaster and a sampler package of several varieties of beans for not much more than $100 including shipping, and I've been extremely happy. It takes me about 10 minutes to roast a batch of beans and do some simple cleanup of the chaff. The model I purchased does a great job of filtering smoke, so I don't have to deal with a lingering unpleasant odor. And I always get my coffee roasted the way I like at its freshest and most wonderfully flavored stage.
Gus diZerega - 3/8/2005
If you are ever in Sonoma County, California, take Gravenstein Hwy exit off 101 to Sebastopol, and at the first light when you get to Sebastopol, check out Hardcore Espresso. Best coffee this old Berkleyite and Seattle resident ever had.
Aeon J. Skoble - 3/8/2005
Yes, but do you have fond childhood memories of this place? Bleeker Street is light-years away from Mosholu. ;-)
Dan Schmutter - 3/8/2005
Not being from Brooklyn, I can't comment on D'Amico's, but for my money the best place to get coffee beans is Porto Rico on Bleeker Street in the Village (that's Greenwich Village for the non-New Yorkers). They also do mail order, and they also were roasting their own beans long before it was trendy.
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017