EUROPEANS RECOIL FROM THE TIDE OF FREEDOM
Describing appeasement as the defining aspect of European politics, Dapfner observed it"generates a mentality that allows Europe to ignore nearly 500,000 victims of Saddam's torture and murder machinery and, motivated by the self-righteousness of the peace movement, has the gall to issue bad grades to George Bush ... Even as it is uncovered that the loudest critics of the American action in Iraq made illicit billions, no, tens of billions, in the corrupt UN oil-for-food program."
Why is this so? Dapfner suggests"because we (Europe) are so materialistic, so devoid of a moral compass."
There, in an explosive nutshell, is arguably what is pushing Europe and America apart beneath the surface of public diplomacy.
The future Arab citizens, if not the current corrupt elites, will remember.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
- Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It Down
- Some looted Idlib National Museum artifacts resurface, fate of others a mystery amidst ‘thriving black market trade’
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau constitutional?
- Poll: Millennials desperately need to bone up on the history of communism
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor
- Historian Diana Ramey Berry praises effort to return the skull of Nat Turner to his family