EUROPEANS RECOIL FROM THE TIDE OF FREEDOM
Describing appeasement as the defining aspect of European politics, Dapfner observed it"generates a mentality that allows Europe to ignore nearly 500,000 victims of Saddam's torture and murder machinery and, motivated by the self-righteousness of the peace movement, has the gall to issue bad grades to George Bush ... Even as it is uncovered that the loudest critics of the American action in Iraq made illicit billions, no, tens of billions, in the corrupt UN oil-for-food program."
Why is this so? Dapfner suggests"because we (Europe) are so materialistic, so devoid of a moral compass."
There, in an explosive nutshell, is arguably what is pushing Europe and America apart beneath the surface of public diplomacy.
The future Arab citizens, if not the current corrupt elites, will remember.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Short film reveals the terrible history of No Irish Need Apply
- California Assembly votes to support censure of Trump over comments on Charlottesville violence
- New evidence of Viking warrior women might not be what it seems
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes
- Economics historian Joel Mokyr says it was culture that made the West rich