EUROPEANS RECOIL FROM THE TIDE OF FREEDOM
Describing appeasement as the defining aspect of European politics, Dapfner observed it"generates a mentality that allows Europe to ignore nearly 500,000 victims of Saddam's torture and murder machinery and, motivated by the self-righteousness of the peace movement, has the gall to issue bad grades to George Bush ... Even as it is uncovered that the loudest critics of the American action in Iraq made illicit billions, no, tens of billions, in the corrupt UN oil-for-food program."
Why is this so? Dapfner suggests"because we (Europe) are so materialistic, so devoid of a moral compass."
There, in an explosive nutshell, is arguably what is pushing Europe and America apart beneath the surface of public diplomacy.
The future Arab citizens, if not the current corrupt elites, will remember.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize