PUNDITS' INTELECTUAL HONESTY OR DISHONESTY
Then came the Afghani, Palestinian and Iraqi elections and now the specter of a Lebanese uprising. The McLoughlin group was amazing. So protective were some of the not so mavens of Syria and Assad Fils that John McLouglhlin announced that Syria bordered Iran and Eleanor Clift informed us that without Lebanon, Syria would be a land locked country. Luckily, they invited a Lebanese to correct them.
He was much less enamored with Syria. Yes, Arab intellectuals are coming around and so are honest pundits like Fareed Zakaria (Standing Up for People Power )and Tom Friedman ( When Camels Fly ). Zakaria told Stephanapolis that the pundits were wrong. The Arab people do want democracy and the rule of law. Moreover, they elected moderates who behave decently. Yes. We were right to trust the people. Poor people, they will have risk their lives and, indeed, at time pay with their lives to get rid of those who wish to keep them slaves.
comments powered by Disqus
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans