LEBANESE LOOK FORWARD WITH PRIDE AND COURAGE (THEY WILL NEED IT)
If Lebanese had any doubts that their fate will be the same, just read the following:
Hezbollah tells Lebanese to cool anti-Syria line (Click here: Khaleej Times Online )
Lebanon Is on the Brink AS Syria Begins Arming its Supporters
And yet - Majority back Syrian pullout from Lebanon: Al-Jazeera poll
The website did not identify the participants, either in terms of age range or nationality, but said the results did not express the opinion of Al-Jazeera. Website managing editor Mohammad Daoud told AFP that Aljazeera.net does not usually require identification in the regular opinion polls it conducts on different topics every three days. However, he said the website has a technical"protection system" to try to prevent multiple voting by the same individuals. The Lebanese opposition's demand for the withdrawal of 14,000 Syrian troops has been echoed by hundreds of thousands of people who took part in the funeral of former prime minister Rafiq Hariri, who was killed last week in Beirut. The opposition has accused the Lebanese regime and its political masters in Damascus of having a hand in the blast that also killed 14 other people and plunged the country into crisis.
No, I am not surprised. I grew up in Haifa -
These are my neighbors; These are my neighbors
Bush understands. He told reporters that Palestinian democratization will precede Mideast peace. That is just the weapon Abbas needs to keep his fanatics in check.
Europe better beware and not get on their wrong side.
The people of the Middle East no longer wish to live in shame or put up with racist condensation.
Indeed, they are beginning to win the world's respect.
So, despite the price. This has been a good week. Let's cherish it.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum