GERMANS RETHINKING THEIR ROLE AS "FRANCE'S POODLE?"
"And German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer said Wednesday that Iran could be"on the winning side in a new Middle East" If it pressed forward with democratic reforms and backed away from its nuclear program."
I like that choice of words. Is it possible that Fischer has rediscovered his liberal soul? After all, Blair was right to wonder when did supporting democracy become an anti-liberal position? Is it possible that Germany is tired of being"France's poodle?"
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools