GERMANS RETHINKING THEIR ROLE AS "FRANCE'S POODLE?"
"And German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer said Wednesday that Iran could be"on the winning side in a new Middle East" If it pressed forward with democratic reforms and backed away from its nuclear program."
I like that choice of words. Is it possible that Fischer has rediscovered his liberal soul? After all, Blair was right to wonder when did supporting democracy become an anti-liberal position? Is it possible that Germany is tired of being"France's poodle?"
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi