GERMANS RETHINKING THEIR ROLE AS "FRANCE'S POODLE?"
"And German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer said Wednesday that Iran could be"on the winning side in a new Middle East" If it pressed forward with democratic reforms and backed away from its nuclear program."
I like that choice of words. Is it possible that Fischer has rediscovered his liberal soul? After all, Blair was right to wonder when did supporting democracy become an anti-liberal position? Is it possible that Germany is tired of being"France's poodle?"
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history