GERMANS RETHINKING THEIR ROLE AS "FRANCE'S POODLE?"
"And German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer said Wednesday that Iran could be"on the winning side in a new Middle East" If it pressed forward with democratic reforms and backed away from its nuclear program."
I like that choice of words. Is it possible that Fischer has rediscovered his liberal soul? After all, Blair was right to wonder when did supporting democracy become an anti-liberal position? Is it possible that Germany is tired of being"France's poodle?"
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award