GERMANS RETHINKING THEIR ROLE AS "FRANCE'S POODLE?"
"And German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer said Wednesday that Iran could be"on the winning side in a new Middle East" If it pressed forward with democratic reforms and backed away from its nuclear program."
I like that choice of words. Is it possible that Fischer has rediscovered his liberal soul? After all, Blair was right to wonder when did supporting democracy become an anti-liberal position? Is it possible that Germany is tired of being"France's poodle?"
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history