MONEY GIVEN TO THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY SHOULD BE SPENT IN THE TERRITORIES AND NOT IN SPECULATIVE INVESTMENT ARAFAT USED TO FAVOR
The Financial Times published today the first of a two part series entitled"An Audit of Arafat." It reveals not only that Arafat used the funds he received to bribe fellow Arab leaders to support his positions but also that he invested his money not in the rebuilding of the Palestinian Authority but in such unproductive vehicles as East European real estate or South American banana plantations.
The Palestinians are the largest recipients of aid per capita by a mile. The President promised the PA 350 million dollars. This time, let's make sure the money is invested in Palestinian development. If Hammas takes over the authority, it will not be because of its maximalist ideology but because the Palestinians are fed up with the corruption of the"Tunisians."
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton