MONEY GIVEN TO THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY SHOULD BE SPENT IN THE TERRITORIES AND NOT IN SPECULATIVE INVESTMENT ARAFAT USED TO FAVOR
The Financial Times published today the first of a two part series entitled"An Audit of Arafat." It reveals not only that Arafat used the funds he received to bribe fellow Arab leaders to support his positions but also that he invested his money not in the rebuilding of the Palestinian Authority but in such unproductive vehicles as East European real estate or South American banana plantations.
The Palestinians are the largest recipients of aid per capita by a mile. The President promised the PA 350 million dollars. This time, let's make sure the money is invested in Palestinian development. If Hammas takes over the authority, it will not be because of its maximalist ideology but because the Palestinians are fed up with the corruption of the"Tunisians."
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)