MONEY GIVEN TO THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY SHOULD BE SPENT IN THE TERRITORIES AND NOT IN SPECULATIVE INVESTMENT ARAFAT USED TO FAVOR
The Financial Times published today the first of a two part series entitled"An Audit of Arafat." It reveals not only that Arafat used the funds he received to bribe fellow Arab leaders to support his positions but also that he invested his money not in the rebuilding of the Palestinian Authority but in such unproductive vehicles as East European real estate or South American banana plantations.
The Palestinians are the largest recipients of aid per capita by a mile. The President promised the PA 350 million dollars. This time, let's make sure the money is invested in Palestinian development. If Hammas takes over the authority, it will not be because of its maximalist ideology but because the Palestinians are fed up with the corruption of the"Tunisians."
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award