Barack Obama pledges support for Palestinian statehood
Following their Oval Office talks, Mr Obama said he was" confident" of moving the Middle East peace process forward and said freezing the expansion of settlements was now a public priority for the US.
Mr Obama said that"time is of the essence" in securing Arab Israeli peace and that it is"in US interests to do so quickly".
comments powered by Disqus
Robert Montgomery - 5/31/2009
Please Mr President it's not reassuring words-no matter how ringing a tone they are delivered in-IT'S MOVEMENT AT THE STATION THE PALESTINIANS NEED.Not good enough to request a freeze on expansion,a clear ,unequivocal statement spelling out that under international law ALL COLONISATION OF OCCUPIED TERRITORY IS ILLEGAL[bit of a problem squaring that with the military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan] and a demand that Israel withdraw to the recognised borders- including those with Lebanon and Syria-is what most of the world has consistently demanded for decades.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College