Sara Jane Moore, attempted Ford assassin, 'wanted violent revolution'Breaking News
Moore, who spent 32 years in prison for firing a shot that missed the president's head by several feet, admitted in an interview that she now realises that her actions were "wrong ... a serious error".
At the time, the 45-year-old divorced mother had become immersed in leftist groups in California that fed her feeling of alienation.
Moore was sentenced to life in prison but released on parole in December 2007. She has lived in an undisclosed location since then.
It was during the long years in jail, six of which were spent in solitary confinement, that she "gradually ... began to realise that I had let myself be used. ... I definitely think that it was wrong. I think I was misled. I think I was mistaken. I think I made a serious error."
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)