Ruth Rosen: Why Women's History Month (3-10-14) Estelle B. Freedman: How Did Women’s History Month Come About? (3-25-09) Jessica Pritchard: Women’s History Month (3-25-09) Daniel Sauerwein: Women’s History Month: Comparing Presidential Proclamations (3-24-09) Mary Chapin: Alice Paul a fitting figure to remember during Women’s History Month (3-12-09) Obama Proclaims March Women's History Month (3-6-12) Carl Sferrazza Anthony: Michelle Obama, First Ladies and African-American History (2-26-09) HistoryLink: Woman Suffrage Crusade, 1848-1920 Thomas Fleming: Channelling George Washington: A Valentine for the Revolutionary Ladies (2-13-12) Gil Troy: GOP Debate Trivializes First Ladies (1-28-12) Mary C. Brennan: Pat Nixon: Caught Between the Housewives and the Feminists (3-1-11) Thomas Fleming: What Studying the Women in the Founders' Lives Reveals (7-16-10) Betty Boyd Caroli: A White House Tea and Michelle Obama (7-4-10) Thomas Fleming: Channelling Martha Washington (7-4-10) Catherine Allgor: Women's History and a Woman's Subtle Power [Dolley Madison] (3-22-10) Ruth Graham: Was President Lincoln's Wife Bipolar or Just Ahead of Her Time? (2-16-10) Kristie Miller and Robert McGinnis : Eleanor Roosevelt and Isabella Greenway: A Story of Two Political Women (2-7-10) Nancy Shear: Happy Birthday ER! (10-11-09) Katherine A. S. Sibley: The Legacy of Florence Harding, a Most Modern First Lady (8-31-09) Lewis Gould: Lady Bird Johnson: First Lady Innovator (7-16-09) Stacy A. Cordery: What About Michelle's First Hundred Days? (4-26-09) Marilyn Holt: The Hidden-Hand Style of Mamie Eisenhower (2-10-08) Sipra Rathi: Was Eleanor Roosevelt Molested as a Child? (2-19-06) Lewis Gould: Hillary's History (9-9-03) Gayle V. Fischer: Presidency: Is Laura Bush a Good First Lady at a Time Like This? (7-8-02) Rick Shenkman: Presidency: Laura Bush, Post 9/11 (7-8-02)
comments powered by Disqus
HNN Hot Topics: Women's History Monthtags: Hot Topics, gender, feminism, women
- Mary Ryan: "Does Women's History Have a Future: Breaking the Cycle of Revisionism"
- The Makers: Women Who Make America (PBS Documentary)
comments powered by Disqus
- The Forgotten Story of the Men Who Broke the NFL’s Color Barrier
- The Mysterious Case of the 113-Year-Old Light Bulb
- Found: The Oldest Bar In Every State
- John Kerry says the destruction of heritage sites in Iraq and Syria is the worst in his lifetime
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Hugh Trevor-Roper: the spy as historian, the historian as spy
- After Ferguson, some black history grad students wonder: Does Pursuing a Ph.D. Matter?
- Historian David Kaiser rallying alums who say Harvard's paying its endowment traders too much
- Colorado students protest proposed "censorship" of history curriculum
- Director's using Kickstarter to raise money for a film about the Kansas governor who implanted goat testicles in humans