Hitler had shocking table manners, gorged on cake and suffered flatulence, reveals never-before-seen profile
The dictator also bit his fingernails at meal times and nervously rubbed his index finger back and forth across his moustache, according to newly-discovered documents.
The top secret papers also state Hitler believed Joseph Goebbels' own propaganda about himself, genuinely believing he was the 'greatest military genius of all time'.
The revelations also show Hitler had a 'streak of passive masochism' in his relationships with women.
The Fuhrer's daily routine and 'uncouth' behaviour were recorded in notes taken from a high-ranking Nazi who spilled the beans to a British agent.
The document, resembling a psychological profile of Hitler, is dated May 3 1945 - three days after his death - and states on the front: 'This summary must be destroyed within 48 hours.'
comments powered by Disqus
Lorraine Paul - 2/19/2009
I don't have any trouble believing this assessment of Hitler.
I hav also heard that he was addicted to Hollywood films and liked to sleep in until late in the day.
Not exactly the figure that neo-Nazis would want to emulate or glorify!
Speaking about his flalulence, my mother used to sing a song when I was a little girl that may be of interest.
"When the fuhrer says, it is a lovely day,
We'll go oompah! oompah! oompah!
Right in the fuhrer's face".
Little did my mother know!!
Has anyone else heard of this song?
Jonathan Dresner - 2/17/2009
HNN routinely posts news stories of historical interest, without evaluating their claims.
"not legitimate." In what way?
DJ Lee - 2/17/2009
I'v read this article and chased the source but what I had to find was not legitimate. when HNN started to deal with this kind of information?
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead