Hitler had shocking table manners, gorged on cake and suffered flatulence, reveals never-before-seen profileBreaking News
The dictator also bit his fingernails at meal times and nervously rubbed his index finger back and forth across his moustache, according to newly-discovered documents.
The top secret papers also state Hitler believed Joseph Goebbels' own propaganda about himself, genuinely believing he was the 'greatest military genius of all time'.
The revelations also show Hitler had a 'streak of passive masochism' in his relationships with women.
The Fuhrer's daily routine and 'uncouth' behaviour were recorded in notes taken from a high-ranking Nazi who spilled the beans to a British agent.
The document, resembling a psychological profile of Hitler, is dated May 3 1945 - three days after his death - and states on the front: 'This summary must be destroyed within 48 hours.'
comments powered by Disqus
Lorraine Paul - 2/18/2009
I don't have any trouble believing this assessment of Hitler.
I hav also heard that he was addicted to Hollywood films and liked to sleep in until late in the day.
Not exactly the figure that neo-Nazis would want to emulate or glorify!
Speaking about his flalulence, my mother used to sing a song when I was a little girl that may be of interest.
"When the fuhrer says, it is a lovely day,
We'll go oompah! oompah! oompah!
Right in the fuhrer's face".
Little did my mother know!!
Has anyone else heard of this song?
Jonathan Dresner - 2/17/2009
HNN routinely posts news stories of historical interest, without evaluating their claims.
"not legitimate." In what way?
DJ Lee - 2/17/2009
I'v read this article and chased the source but what I had to find was not legitimate. when HNN started to deal with this kind of information?
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?