AHA annual convention starts Friday
While your holidays may just be winding down, many AHA staff members are already on their way to New York to prepare for the 123rd Annual Meeting. It begins this Friday, January 2 and concludes on Monday, January 5, with events scheduled in the Hilton New York (headquarters) and Sheraton New York (co-headquarters).
During the Annual Meeting, posts on AHA Today will cover meeting highlights and news. Check in each morning, Friday through Monday, to see a selective overview of sessions and events for the day.
AHA Today will resume posting on Friday with the start of the meeting. Until then, those who are attending may want to check out the online version of the meeting Program to plan out which sessions, events, and receptions they’d like to go to. Also, read up on the precirculated papers available for a number of sessions at the meeting. Or, visit these articles and resources:
Check out the Supplement to the 123rd Annual Meeting online. The articles are too numerous to post links to them all here and cover a variety of topics. Here are a few highlights....
comments powered by Disqus
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed