Apollo 8 astronauts remember historic voyage
The voyage of Apollo 8 from December 21-27, 1968, marked humans' first venture to another heavenly body.
"We were flying to the moon for the first time," said Jim Lovell, one of the three astronauts aboard the historic flight."Seeing the far side of the moon for the first time. Coming around and seeing the Earth as it really is -- a small fragile planet with a rather normal star, our sun."
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?