Apollo 8 astronauts remember historic voyage
The voyage of Apollo 8 from December 21-27, 1968, marked humans' first venture to another heavenly body.
"We were flying to the moon for the first time," said Jim Lovell, one of the three astronauts aboard the historic flight."Seeing the far side of the moon for the first time. Coming around and seeing the Earth as it really is -- a small fragile planet with a rather normal star, our sun."
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome