Evidence of Historic Slave Jail Revealed in VirginiaBreaking News
The discoveries announced Wednesday include the remains of a brick foundation at what was once known as Lumpkin's Slave Jail. A cobblestone courtyard and the remnants of a kitchen were also found.
Lumpkin's Jail was named after Robert Lumpkin, who was known as a"bully trader" for his rough handling of enslaved men, women and children.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election