Evidence of Historic Slave Jail Revealed in VirginiaBreaking News
The discoveries announced Wednesday include the remains of a brick foundation at what was once known as Lumpkin's Slave Jail. A cobblestone courtyard and the remnants of a kitchen were also found.
Lumpkin's Jail was named after Robert Lumpkin, who was known as a"bully trader" for his rough handling of enslaved men, women and children.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools