Civics Summit to be held in Virginia in SeptemberBreaking News
2008 Civics Summit
September 19, 2008
Capitol Building, Richmond, Virginia
Civic Engagement in a Changing World
The Hidden Dimension of Civic Education and Engagement
Professor David Wilkins
Kirkland and Ellis Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
Civic Engagement in the 2008 Election
Dr. Robert Holsworth
Professor of Political Science and Public Administration
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virtual Civic Engagement: Games, Social Networking and Learning
Director, Pew Internet and American Life Project
Dr. Joseph Kahne
Dean of the School of Education
Research Director of Civic Engagement Research Group, Mills College
Teacher/administrator registration: http://www.cpe.vt.edu/reg/civsum/
Can’t attend? The Summit will be webcast live from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To view, go to the Everyday Civics Web site at: http://civics.pwnet.org.
For more information, call Beverly Thurston at (804) 225-2893.
Hosted by the Virginia Commission on Civics Education
comments powered by Disqus
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes