Civics Summit to be held in Virginia in September
2008 Civics Summit
September 19, 2008
Capitol Building, Richmond, Virginia
Civic Engagement in a Changing World
The Hidden Dimension of Civic Education and Engagement
Professor David Wilkins
Kirkland and Ellis Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
Civic Engagement in the 2008 Election
Dr. Robert Holsworth
Professor of Political Science and Public Administration
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virtual Civic Engagement: Games, Social Networking and Learning
Director, Pew Internet and American Life Project
Dr. Joseph Kahne
Dean of the School of Education
Research Director of Civic Engagement Research Group, Mills College
Teacher/administrator registration: http://www.cpe.vt.edu/reg/civsum/
Can’t attend? The Summit will be webcast live from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To view, go to the Everyday Civics Web site at: http://civics.pwnet.org.
For more information, call Beverly Thurston at (804) 225-2893.
Hosted by the Virginia Commission on Civics Education
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College