Ken Burns: PBS to air his national parks series next yearHistorians in the News
"The National Parks: America's Best Idea," is a 12-hour, six-part film that traces the origins and growth of the national parks system over 150 years. It was directed by documentary filmmaker Ken Burns, and will feature his trademark blend of archival photos, interviews and what PBS called"breathtaking images" of the national parks system.
Among the actors who lend their voices to historical figures in the series are Tom Hanks, Andy Garcia and John Lithgo. The narrator is actor Peter Coyote.
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?