Ken Burns: PBS to air his national parks series next year
"The National Parks: America's Best Idea," is a 12-hour, six-part film that traces the origins and growth of the national parks system over 150 years. It was directed by documentary filmmaker Ken Burns, and will feature his trademark blend of archival photos, interviews and what PBS called"breathtaking images" of the national parks system.
Among the actors who lend their voices to historical figures in the series are Tom Hanks, Andy Garcia and John Lithgo. The narrator is actor Peter Coyote.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)