Australian schools urged to teach European historyHistorians in the News
NSW Education Department head Michael Coutts-Trotter said he learned a month ago that the Holocaust had been omitted from the state's mandatory history course, he said in a speech to high school principals.
Professor of History and Politics at Wollongong University Gregory Melleuish said the country had become too obsessed with Australian history - to the detriment of an overall view of world events.
"We tend to look at thing like World War I and II as Australia's involvement rather than what was at stake, why did it occur and what was going on," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Diane Ravitch: The Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students
- Israel Historian on King David Hotel Bombing: 'It Was an Act of Terror'
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer