Australian schools urged to teach European history
NSW Education Department head Michael Coutts-Trotter said he learned a month ago that the Holocaust had been omitted from the state's mandatory history course, he said in a speech to high school principals.
Professor of History and Politics at Wollongong University Gregory Melleuish said the country had become too obsessed with Australian history - to the detriment of an overall view of world events.
"We tend to look at thing like World War I and II as Australia's involvement rather than what was at stake, why did it occur and what was going on," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic