Australian schools urged to teach European history
NSW Education Department head Michael Coutts-Trotter said he learned a month ago that the Holocaust had been omitted from the state's mandatory history course, he said in a speech to high school principals.
Professor of History and Politics at Wollongong University Gregory Melleuish said the country had become too obsessed with Australian history - to the detriment of an overall view of world events.
"We tend to look at thing like World War I and II as Australia's involvement rather than what was at stake, why did it occur and what was going on," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC