Madame Tussauds' museum in Berlin features HitlerBreaking News
The likeness of the Nazi leader, hunched over a desk in a dimly lit bunker just before he committed suicide at the end of World War II, was one of dozens unveiled Thursday at the opening of the British wax museum's latest branch.
The waxworks here are showcased in chronological and thematic order, highlighting Europe's postwar history.
comments powered by Disqus
Michael Davis - 7/9/2008
Apparently in Germany emotions still run high when it comes to the Nazi era. Now that the wax figure was defaced by a visitor recently, the museum might rethink its decision. Apparently not, however, since the figure is being repaired and will return to his bunker setting soon.
I too question the German's hysteria concerning their history. It reminds me of the Japanese whitewashing their sordid past when teaching young Japanese children.
Randll Reese Besch - 7/4/2008
The depiction is hardly of the heroic stature of Hitler's worshipers would want so what is the big deal? Is any depiction of Hitler so dangerous that they must be so ultra sensitive? Would the same be for Stalin, who remained alive and free and dominated half of Europe and killed many more people?
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity