Plea: Tell Congress to Save the NHPRC!Historians in the News
The National Coalition for History strongly opposes the President’s irresponsible recommendation and is requesting Congress to appropriate FY 2009 funding at the fully authorized level – $10 million for the NHPRC national grants program and an additional $2 million for staffing and related program administration.
In fiscal year 2008, Congress saved the NHPRC from elimination, and provided $7.5 million for grants, a $2 million increase from the previous fiscal year. However, the NHPRC has not received its fully authorized amount of $10 million in grant funding since FY 2004. In the following three fiscal years the NHPRC only received only half that amount, or approximately $5 million per-fiscal year for grants. Please go to the Humanities Advocacy Network and ask your House Member to support the fully authorized $10 million in grant funding and $2 million for administrative costs for the NHPRC. If your congressman or congresswoman is a member of the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations’ Subcommittee, the Cap Wiz system will recognize your zip code and send them a specially targeted message.
You may also call your Member of Congress through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121. The markup is only 10 days away, so please act today!
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize