comments powered by Disqus
Election 2008: John McCain Profiles
This page is continuously updated. Articles are listed in reverse chronological order.
- Election 2008: General
- Barack Obama
- John McCain
- Obama and Race
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Gender and 2008 Election
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
Commentary & News
- Peter Scoblic: What Newsweek's Editor Doesn't Get About John McCain
- Jim Pittaway: Is there more to John McCain's rage than just bad temper? A psychotherapist puts the candidate on the couch.
- Mary Hershberger: What Is the True Story of McCain’s Wartime Experience?
- McCain evolved from reluctant warrior to interventionist
- Jay Janson: U.S. Nuremberg Trials Prosecutor Would Have Proudly Prosecuted McCain As a War Criminal
- The Questions Raised By Mary Hershberger About McCain's Record
- Mary Hershberger: Investigating John McCain’s Tragedy at Sea
- Rolling Stone Mag: McCain's a"Make-Believe Maverick"
- McCain: In Ordeal as Captive, Character Was Shaped
- Edward McClelland: Who is the real John McCain?
- McCain was 'good kisser' says former Brazilian lover
- Report by Sydney H. Schanberg: McCain, Kerry et al. buried information about POWs left behind in Vietnam
- McCain's history of hot temper raises concerns
- McCain's Maverick Nature Would Fuel His Political Climb
- Eric Alterman: Blind Punditry (Re: McCain)
- For McCains, a Public Path but Private Wealth (NYT)
- Noam Scheiber: How Cindy Hensley invented John McCain
- McCain's Knife-Wielding Captor Leads Vietnam in Rooting for Him
- McCain has repeatedly cited his Vietnam experience despite claims that he hasn't
- Ilan Goldenberg: McCain's fatal misunderstanding of the Iraq War is not a gaffe
- After 2000, McCain Learned to Work Levers of Power
- Michael I. Meyerson: Is McCain a natural born citizen?
- A Hint of New Life to a McCain Birth Issue
- Joe Conason: What John McCain didn't learn in Vietnam
- Senator recounts McCain dustup with the Sandinistas
- How war hero John McCain betrayed the Vietnamese peasant who saved his life
- In 1974 Thesis, the Seeds of McCain's War Views
- Juan Cole: The Real Question is, Would a President McCain be good for Women?
- Juan Cole: McCain Confuses Baghdad with Seoul Again
- Michael Tomasky: Who Is John McCain?
- Matthew Avery Sutton: McCain’s Ministers of Doom
- Lawrence S. Wittner: John McCain Discovers Nuclear Arms Control and Disarmament
- NYT News Story: Taste of Senate Set Capt. McCain on a New Path
comments powered by Disqus
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Marcus Rediker says it was pirates, slaves, and motley crews who shaped the modern world, not the big heroes we hear so much about
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book