Gideon Remez: Discovers error in Pentagon history. Pentagon admission.
In an email message yesterday to Israeli author Gideon Remez, who discovered the error, DIA webmaster David Baird wrote:"You are correct that the historical fact is wrong. We did not realize it until you pointed it out. We are taking steps to correct it."
By yesterday afternoon, the 1996"Defense Intelligence Agency: A Brief History," which contained the error, had been replaced on the DIA web site by a 2007"History of the Defense Intelligence Agency." Both documents can be found on the FAS web site here:
comments powered by Disqus
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book