Gideon Remez: Discovers error in Pentagon history. Pentagon admission.
In an email message yesterday to Israeli author Gideon Remez, who discovered the error, DIA webmaster David Baird wrote:"You are correct that the historical fact is wrong. We did not realize it until you pointed it out. We are taking steps to correct it."
By yesterday afternoon, the 1996"Defense Intelligence Agency: A Brief History," which contained the error, had been replaced on the DIA web site by a 2007"History of the Defense Intelligence Agency." Both documents can be found on the FAS web site here:
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?