Now even Richard Nixon is blogging
[T]oday, many years after President Nixon has died, as President Nixon’s library prepares to become fully comparable to the other Presidential libraries — because we believe that by 2009 all of President Nixon’s records will be here in Yorba Linda — we are preparing to welcome a new new Nixon. A new Nixon who will be the creature of the scholars who will come to Yorba Linda, study these records without fear, or favor, or bias, and begin to tell the truly nuanced story of the 37th President’s life and times, his statesmanship and his legacy.
So there is about to be another new Nixon, thanks to the good work of scholars who will come to Yorba Linda and do that work.
Initial comments posted on the blog were mixed. Apparently, a decision has been made not to censor critical posts. Ronald Walter wrote:"The rehabilitation of both his, and Ron Reagan’s legacies, without regard for the truth, is sickening, and dishonest in the extreme."
comments powered by Disqus
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory