Bush Honors John Lewis, Others For Black History Month
In his remarks, Bush took aim at a resurgence in the display of nooses as misguided and disturbing type of prank. The President said it indicates that some Americans may be losing sight of the suffering that blacks have endured across the nation. Bush said"The era of rampant lynching is a shameful chapter in American history.'' He said the that a noose"is not a symbol of prairie justice, but of gross injustice.'' He said displaying one is"not a harmless prank'' and"lynching is not a word to be mentioned in jest.''
comments powered by Disqus
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory