Bush Honors John Lewis, Others For Black History MonthBreaking News
In his remarks, Bush took aim at a resurgence in the display of nooses as misguided and disturbing type of prank. The President said it indicates that some Americans may be losing sight of the suffering that blacks have endured across the nation. Bush said"The era of rampant lynching is a shameful chapter in American history.'' He said the that a noose"is not a symbol of prairie justice, but of gross injustice.'' He said displaying one is"not a harmless prank'' and"lynching is not a word to be mentioned in jest.''
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors