The transition to a new economy is over. Do our candidates know it?Breaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 1/30/2008
A radical idea of an informed electorate. That is what we do not have. There is a whole industry that promotes fantasy as in Fox New et al are examples. It is ironic that in a time of multiple ubiquity of information outlets,only five corporations own and control them. The FCC facilitates their ownership of newspapers,TV,radio and magazines to dominate. Most people do not want to do the hard job of finding and reading then digesting the material. It is easier to let others like Micheal Medved and Rush Limbaugh to do the work for them. Hence the similarity is word choice and sentence construction when you try to discuss such topics as climate change,politics and foreign affairs.
We are in a bad state indeed.
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"