The transition to a new economy is over. Do our candidates know it?Breaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 1/30/2008
A radical idea of an informed electorate. That is what we do not have. There is a whole industry that promotes fantasy as in Fox New et al are examples. It is ironic that in a time of multiple ubiquity of information outlets,only five corporations own and control them. The FCC facilitates their ownership of newspapers,TV,radio and magazines to dominate. Most people do not want to do the hard job of finding and reading then digesting the material. It is easier to let others like Micheal Medved and Rush Limbaugh to do the work for them. Hence the similarity is word choice and sentence construction when you try to discuss such topics as climate change,politics and foreign affairs.
We are in a bad state indeed.
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades