The transition to a new economy is over. Do our candidates know it?Breaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 1/30/2008
A radical idea of an informed electorate. That is what we do not have. There is a whole industry that promotes fantasy as in Fox New et al are examples. It is ironic that in a time of multiple ubiquity of information outlets,only five corporations own and control them. The FCC facilitates their ownership of newspapers,TV,radio and magazines to dominate. Most people do not want to do the hard job of finding and reading then digesting the material. It is easier to let others like Micheal Medved and Rush Limbaugh to do the work for them. Hence the similarity is word choice and sentence construction when you try to discuss such topics as climate change,politics and foreign affairs.
We are in a bad state indeed.
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history