The transition to a new economy is over. Do our candidates know it?
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 1/30/2008
A radical idea of an informed electorate. That is what we do not have. There is a whole industry that promotes fantasy as in Fox New et al are examples. It is ironic that in a time of multiple ubiquity of information outlets,only five corporations own and control them. The FCC facilitates their ownership of newspapers,TV,radio and magazines to dominate. Most people do not want to do the hard job of finding and reading then digesting the material. It is easier to let others like Micheal Medved and Rush Limbaugh to do the work for them. Hence the similarity is word choice and sentence construction when you try to discuss such topics as climate change,politics and foreign affairs.
We are in a bad state indeed.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean