Monument to Heydrich's assassins to be built in PragueBreaking News
A monument to Jan Kubis and Jozef Gabcik, who fatally wounded the widely hated Nazi leader, is to be built near the road curve in Prague 8's Kobylisy neighbourhood where the event occurred.
The paratroopers, who liquidated Heydrich and paid with their lives for it, will also finally have their own grave in Prague, the paper adds.
For several decades Czechs have disputed over whether the assassination of Heydrich was a heroic deed or a crime. Since 1947 there has never been enough political will to pay such honour to the paratroopers who sacrificed their lives for their homeland, the paper writes.
This situation has changed now, it says.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide