Replacement in sight for New Hampshire's crumbled symbolBreaking News
At about 98 feet long, the Indian Head on the side of Mount Pemigewassett [visible off Exit 33 on I-93] is nearly 60 feet longer than the Old Man of the Mountain was, but it never attracted much attention in part because the Old Man profile was more distinct and easily visible from the highway.
Stew Weldon of the Indian Head Resort told the New Hampshire Union Leader newspaper that interest in the Indian Head has surged since the Old Man crumbled.
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies