Britain's slave trade records go onlineBreaking News
The Web site, www.Ancestry.co.uk, posted 100,000 names of Barbados slaves registered in 1834 in the colony.
By December the site will contain the names of 3 million slaves from 700 registers in 23 British colonies, from South Africa to Sri Lanka between 1812 and 1834.
Members of the site can search free for ancestors by entering their relatives' first and last names and place of enslavement during that period.
comments powered by Disqus
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport