Juan Cole, Howard Zinn: Rally on behalf of Ward ChurchillHistorians in the News
comments powered by Disqus
greg wheeler - 4/10/2007
Thanks for the mature response. I was not defending O'Rielly or Coulter or any of their liberal counterparts but merely pointing out that they are entertainers and not snake oil salesmen pretending to be educators. Once again, Churchill is a fraud and liar who has disgraced his profession, department, and university. He will be fired because of his academic misdeeds and not his offensive rantings.
PS - The CU faculty recognize him for what he is and are not rallying to his defense.
Stephen Kislock - 4/10/2007
Entertainers, NO! Fear and Hate Mongers and the trouble is to many people do not Turn the channel and the Lies become the Truth.
Ward Churchill is a saint compared to the O'really and Lying Annie.
To quote you hero "Shut Up!"
greg wheeler - 4/9/2007
Ward Churchill is a fraud. Fake native American, phoney Vietnam combat vet, plagarist, propagandist, rank liar, etc. He never should have been hired by CU and will be fired for his misconduct and not his juvenile rantings. Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter are entertainers. Turn the channel if they offend you.
Stephen Kislock - 4/7/2007
Jon Blackman, quote "Churchill chose to take advantage of his freedom, but ignored the responsibility."
The idea that because someone has a difference of opinion and expresses as "the people killed as "technocratic corps at the very heart of America's global financial empire" as "little Eichmanns." This remark I think was meant as someone who just follows orders and the results be damned.
There are two spokespersons from the far rights, Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter, that if Professor Ward Churchill must me Silenced, then add these two fear mongers to the list.
On September 12, 2001 Ann Coulter "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." this in response to the 911 attacks on the Homeland!
Why did Osama bin Laden attack the US of A, look to History and the Killing and Rape of the Lands in the Mid-East for at least a hundred years. The Justice of Roosting Chickens, I ask, How did it feel, America?
Jon Blackman - 4/4/2007
I fully believe in the freedom to express your ideas and viewpoints, but with any freedom comes a responsibility to use that freedom in a wise and rational manner. Churchill chose to take advantage of his freedom, but ingnore the responsibility. Now he may suffer the consequences of that decision.
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport