Executive PrivilegeHot Topics
- AP: Contempt of Congress: What Is It?
- Harold C. Relyea and Jay R. Shampansky: Presidential Advisers’ Testimony Before Congressional Committees: An Overview (Congressional Research Service) (4/14/04)
- Morton Rosenberg: Presidential Claims of Executive Privilege ... History, Law, Practice and Recent Developments (9/21/99)
- HNN Hot Topics: The Fight Over Presidential Records
- David Greenberg: What Is Executive Privilege and Why Do Presidents Like to Invoke It? (12/25/01)
- David E. Kaiser:"Executive Privilege"
- Kimberly Strassel: The U.S. attorneys controversy is about politics, not the law
- Frank Askin: Congress's Power To Compel
- John Yoo: The Democrats' attack on executive privilege shows blatant disregard for the Constitution
- Mark J. Rozell: A battling president and Congress should remember why we compromise
- Adam Cohen: Bush v. Congress ... The Looming Battle Over Executive Privilege
- Mark Rozell: Bush and the Case of Executive Privilege
- Anna K. Nelson: Testimony on presidential records (3/1/07)
- Rick Shenkman: When do presidents assert executive privilege? When it's in their interest
- Stephen Labaton: The Law Ranks Its Privileges (2/22/98)
- Jimmy Breslin: Condi's Lying About Executive Privilege
- P.M. Carpenter: Why did President Bush decide to snub his nose at Dan Burton and assert executive privilege for the first time? (11/17/01)
- Mark J. Rozell: President Bush's Use of Executive Privilege (1/1/02)
comments powered by Disqus
george ross mckay - 3/22/2007
At least American Presidents have a constitutional frame-work in which to use their executive privilege.
In Canada,as in the 1985/6 parliamentary questions on the Herbert Norman / Lester Pearson cover-up, ministers simply ignored the questions by Alex Kindy M.P. and when he tried again, Joe Clark made a joke of it and stone-walled the issue.
Today's Conservative back-benchers appear terrified of raising the outstanding spy riddle..."too busy' was mine's excuse!
Any Canadian readers interested in trying again in the new millenium, please comment.
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies