New footage captures moments before JFK assassination
The sky is cloudless, Dallas' skyscrapers are bedecked with the national flag, and excited bystanders wave at the camera as they wait for the Kennedys. Most poignant of all however is the image of the First Lady: "The clearest, best film of Jackie in the motorcade," says Gary Mark, curator of the museum which released the 39-second film on its website to coincide with Monday's Presidents Day holiday in the US.
This being the Kennedy assassination however, even these apparently innocuous pictures will be scrutinised by conspiracy theorists. The film clearly shows the President sitting beyond Jackie, his suit jacket bunched up on his back - which may bear upon claims that disparities in the bullet marks on his jacket and body prove Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been the only gunman.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project