New footage captures moments before JFK assassinationBreaking News
The sky is cloudless, Dallas' skyscrapers are bedecked with the national flag, and excited bystanders wave at the camera as they wait for the Kennedys. Most poignant of all however is the image of the First Lady: "The clearest, best film of Jackie in the motorcade," says Gary Mark, curator of the museum which released the 39-second film on its website to coincide with Monday's Presidents Day holiday in the US.
This being the Kennedy assassination however, even these apparently innocuous pictures will be scrutinised by conspiracy theorists. The film clearly shows the President sitting beyond Jackie, his suit jacket bunched up on his back - which may bear upon claims that disparities in the bullet marks on his jacket and body prove Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been the only gunman.
comments powered by Disqus
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.