comments powered by Disqus
Warmaking: President vs. CongressHot Topics
Obama & Libya
- Bruce Ackerman: Obama’s Unconstitutional War
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Obama Goes to War
- Congressonal Research Service: No-Fly Zones: Strategic, Operational, and Legal Considerations for Congress
- Michael Lind: The False Defenders of Obama's War in Libya
- Fred Kaplan: Is Libya Like Kosovo?
Commentary & News
- Stanley I. Kutler: Civics for Cheney
- News Story: Echoes from an earlier conflict ... How Congress wrestled with two presidents for control of the Vietnam War
- News Story: In First since Vietnam, Congress sets terms of Iraq exit
- Peter N. Kirstein: Congress v. the President in Iraq and Vietnam
- Troy Vettese: How Many Other Times Has Congress Tried to Limit Presidential Power in Foreign Affairs?
- Congressional Research Service: Declarations of War and Authorizations for the Use of Military Force: Historical Background and Legal Implications
- James McPherson: Lincoln, Congress and 'This Mighty Scourge (podcast)
- David Rivkin & Lee Casey: The president and Congress in wartime
- Louis Fisher: Exercising Congress’s Constitutional Power to End a War (Sen. Hearing Testimony)
- Robert F. Turner: Exercising Congress’s Constitutional Power to End a War (Sen. Hearing Testimony)
- Adam Cohen: Congress, the Constitution and War: The Limits on Presidential Power
- Seth Gitell: New Thesis on Vietnam Aimed at 2008 Election
- Rick Perlstein: The biggest lie ever told about liberals (Vietnam)
- Study commissioned by Sen. Byrd concludes presidential power in foreign affairs is overestimated
- Louis Fisher: History Refutes the President's Claims to Unlimited Power Over Foreign Affairs
- WSJ Editorial: Congress has no Constitutional power to micromanage a war.
- David M. Kennedy: Founders' Fuzziness (Congress Vs. President on warmaking)
- Lauren Zanolli: What happened when Democrats in Congress cut off funding for the Vietnam War?
- Alexander DeConde: The History of Macho Presidents
- Gary Hess: Has Bush Learned the Lessons of Other War Presidents?
comments powered by Disqus
- JFK's diary reveals fascination with Hitler, compared to 'legend'
- Secret South Korean Nuclear Weapons Program Created Anxiety in Washington in Mid-1970s
- The President Is Under FBI Investigation. Is This Normal?
- President Trump Praised Both Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay
- Nativism, Violence, and the Origins of the Paranoid Style
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?