Robert J. Cottrol: Retracts allegations he made against peer review process that approved publication of article by BellesilesHistorians in the News
During the October  symposium [at George Mason University] on Firearms Law and the Second Amendment I made statements concerning the peer review process at the Law and History Review with respect to the publication of an article by Michael Bellisiles. These statements were based on a misunderstood conversation between myself and one of the potential peer reviewers. I wish to state that I regret these statements and that I have confidence in the integrity of the peer review process for the Law and History Review as it was conducted by Dr. Christopher Tomlins, editor of the review at the time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton