Robert J. Cottrol: Retracts allegations he made against peer review process that approved publication of article by Bellesiles
During the October  symposium [at George Mason University] on Firearms Law and the Second Amendment I made statements concerning the peer review process at the Law and History Review with respect to the publication of an article by Michael Bellisiles. These statements were based on a misunderstood conversation between myself and one of the potential peer reviewers. I wish to state that I regret these statements and that I have confidence in the integrity of the peer review process for the Law and History Review as it was conducted by Dr. Christopher Tomlins, editor of the review at the time.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting