US needed 'Iraqi De Gaulle' for invasion: Perle
"The idea was good, the execution was bad," he was quoted as saying in an advance German transcript of the interview.
"We should have agreed on a post-war Iraqi leadership" but were thwarted by opposition at the US State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency, Perle said.
"We should have marched into Baghdad with an Iraqi De Gaulle," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Leo Dohogne - 12/14/2006
Was not this to be the role of Perle's boy Ngo Dinh Chalabi?
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?