US needed 'Iraqi De Gaulle' for invasion: PerleBreaking News
"The idea was good, the execution was bad," he was quoted as saying in an advance German transcript of the interview.
"We should have agreed on a post-war Iraqi leadership" but were thwarted by opposition at the US State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency, Perle said.
"We should have marched into Baghdad with an Iraqi De Gaulle," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Leo Dohogne - 12/14/2006
Was not this to be the role of Perle's boy Ngo Dinh Chalabi?
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook