US needed 'Iraqi De Gaulle' for invasion: Perle
"The idea was good, the execution was bad," he was quoted as saying in an advance German transcript of the interview.
"We should have agreed on a post-war Iraqi leadership" but were thwarted by opposition at the US State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency, Perle said.
"We should have marched into Baghdad with an Iraqi De Gaulle," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Leo Dohogne - 12/14/2006
Was not this to be the role of Perle's boy Ngo Dinh Chalabi?
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project