US needed 'Iraqi De Gaulle' for invasion: PerleBreaking News
"The idea was good, the execution was bad," he was quoted as saying in an advance German transcript of the interview.
"We should have agreed on a post-war Iraqi leadership" but were thwarted by opposition at the US State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency, Perle said.
"We should have marched into Baghdad with an Iraqi De Gaulle," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Leo Dohogne - 12/14/2006
Was not this to be the role of Perle's boy Ngo Dinh Chalabi?
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103