Communist-era love story cinches top Moroccan film award
"We wanted to reward a movie that was true and recalled a painful period for many nations," said jury president and noted movie director Roman Polanski, who bestowed the top prize.
Tracing an affair in 1961 Dresden between a theater scenery painter and a poet,"The Red Cockatoo" also handed German actor Max Riemelt best actor award.
The drama was among a total of 120 movies screened over nine days in Marrakesh. The 15 in competition hailed from countries as diverse as Italy, Iran, Thailand, Malaysia and the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Fisher - 7/19/2004
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay