Communist-era love story cinches top Moroccan film awardRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
"We wanted to reward a movie that was true and recalled a painful period for many nations," said jury president and noted movie director Roman Polanski, who bestowed the top prize.
Tracing an affair in 1961 Dresden between a theater scenery painter and a poet,"The Red Cockatoo" also handed German actor Max Riemelt best actor award.
The drama was among a total of 120 movies screened over nine days in Marrakesh. The 15 in competition hailed from countries as diverse as Italy, Iran, Thailand, Malaysia and the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Fisher - 7/19/2004
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled