Ancient cave art dazzles experts (France)
The state took over ownership of the cave in the Vilhonneur forest on May 12, the French Culture Ministry said in a statement.
It was only the second time that a human body is known to have been placed in a decorated cave from the Upper Paleolithic Period, the ministry said.
A single face drawn in the cave could be among the world's oldest known graphic representations of a human face, said Jean-Yves Baratin, archeology curator for the Poitou-Charentes region.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC