Memorial proposed to honor all victims of warBreaking News
The vets will join the special commemoration during the Annual Veterans Commemorative Assembly on Sunday, May 28, at the Vietnam War Memorial (55 Water Street) and join in the walk to the waterfront and throwing of flowers into the bay.
On Memorial Day, May 29, at the Soldiers' and Sailors Monument (89th St. & Riverside Drive), the vets will join the 10:30 memorial, then take part in the WALK OF REMEMBRANCE" TO A CIVIL WAR ENCAMPMENT AT GRANT'S TOMB (122nd St. & Riverside Drive).
“We need a memorial day to commemorate all victims of war, especially the civilians,” insists Jay Janson, Korean war veteran, “That way people will become aware of the true effect of war and be more ready to opposite war when politicians call for it.”
At both events veterans will stand under a sign that reads VETERANS REMEMBER OUR FALLEN SOLDIERS
SOLDIERS of the OTHER SIDE and INNOCENT CIVILIANS.
Bill Hamilton, a Vietnam War veteran, told us that he would like see everyone strongly embrace with certainty the words of Ulysses S.
Grant, who said, “There never was a time when, in my opinion, some way could not be found to prevent the drawing of the sword.” “Let us
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy