Memorial proposed to honor all victims of warBreaking News
The vets will join the special commemoration during the Annual Veterans Commemorative Assembly on Sunday, May 28, at the Vietnam War Memorial (55 Water Street) and join in the walk to the waterfront and throwing of flowers into the bay.
On Memorial Day, May 29, at the Soldiers' and Sailors Monument (89th St. & Riverside Drive), the vets will join the 10:30 memorial, then take part in the WALK OF REMEMBRANCE" TO A CIVIL WAR ENCAMPMENT AT GRANT'S TOMB (122nd St. & Riverside Drive).
“We need a memorial day to commemorate all victims of war, especially the civilians,” insists Jay Janson, Korean war veteran, “That way people will become aware of the true effect of war and be more ready to opposite war when politicians call for it.”
At both events veterans will stand under a sign that reads VETERANS REMEMBER OUR FALLEN SOLDIERS
SOLDIERS of the OTHER SIDE and INNOCENT CIVILIANS.
Bill Hamilton, a Vietnam War veteran, told us that he would like see everyone strongly embrace with certainty the words of Ulysses S.
Grant, who said, “There never was a time when, in my opinion, some way could not be found to prevent the drawing of the sword.” “Let us
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity