Trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur found in ItalyBreaking News
"This is an an exceptional find," she said, noting that the area in question had previously only yielded prehistoric artefacts .
comments powered by Disqus
Brett Holman - 4/3/2006
Er, no, I went and read the cited source which said "Italian archeologists working in Iraq have found a trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur" and "She said the tablets, made of clay and bitumen, were discovered by chance at an archaeological site not far from the location of the ancient city".
Vernon Clayson - 4/2/2006
Mr. Holman, don't you think the author meant they were recently found in Italy after being out of sight and mind for awhile? No one else was fooled into believing they were Italian in origin.
Brett Holman - 3/31/2006
The tablets were found in Iraq, not Italy.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity