Trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur found in ItalyBreaking News
"This is an an exceptional find," she said, noting that the area in question had previously only yielded prehistoric artefacts .
comments powered by Disqus
Brett Holman - 4/3/2006
Er, no, I went and read the cited source which said "Italian archeologists working in Iraq have found a trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur" and "She said the tablets, made of clay and bitumen, were discovered by chance at an archaeological site not far from the location of the ancient city".
Vernon Clayson - 4/2/2006
Mr. Holman, don't you think the author meant they were recently found in Italy after being out of sight and mind for awhile? No one else was fooled into believing they were Italian in origin.
Brett Holman - 3/31/2006
The tablets were found in Iraq, not Italy.
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller