Trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur found in ItalyBreaking News
"This is an an exceptional find," she said, noting that the area in question had previously only yielded prehistoric artefacts .
comments powered by Disqus
Brett Holman - 4/3/2006
Er, no, I went and read the cited source which said "Italian archeologists working in Iraq have found a trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur" and "She said the tablets, made of clay and bitumen, were discovered by chance at an archaeological site not far from the location of the ancient city".
Vernon Clayson - 4/2/2006
Mr. Holman, don't you think the author meant they were recently found in Italy after being out of sight and mind for awhile? No one else was fooled into believing they were Italian in origin.
Brett Holman - 3/31/2006
The tablets were found in Iraq, not Italy.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)