Trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur found in ItalyBreaking News
"This is an an exceptional find," she said, noting that the area in question had previously only yielded prehistoric artefacts .
comments powered by Disqus
Brett Holman - 4/3/2006
Er, no, I went and read the cited source which said "Italian archeologists working in Iraq have found a trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur" and "She said the tablets, made of clay and bitumen, were discovered by chance at an archaeological site not far from the location of the ancient city".
Vernon Clayson - 4/2/2006
Mr. Holman, don't you think the author meant they were recently found in Italy after being out of sight and mind for awhile? No one else was fooled into believing they were Italian in origin.
Brett Holman - 3/31/2006
The tablets were found in Iraq, not Italy.
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests