Trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur found in ItalyBreaking News
"This is an an exceptional find," she said, noting that the area in question had previously only yielded prehistoric artefacts .
comments powered by Disqus
Brett Holman - 4/4/2006
Er, no, I went and read the cited source which said "Italian archeologists working in Iraq have found a trove of ancient stone tablets from the fabled civilisation of Ur" and "She said the tablets, made of clay and bitumen, were discovered by chance at an archaeological site not far from the location of the ancient city".
Vernon Clayson - 4/2/2006
Mr. Holman, don't you think the author meant they were recently found in Italy after being out of sight and mind for awhile? No one else was fooled into believing they were Italian in origin.
Brett Holman - 4/1/2006
The tablets were found in Iraq, not Italy.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments