Britain's oldest WWI veteran 'stable' in hospital (he's 109)
Mr Allingham, who is 109, was admitted to Eastbourne District General in East Sussex on Sunday but is expected to be discharged within the next four days.
He had to pull out of a ceremony on Tuesday night when he was to have been given the freedom of his home town.
Eastbourne Borough Council said the event would be rearranged.
Mr Allingham, the last surviving founder member of the RAF, turns 110 on 6 June.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?