Britain's oldest WWI veteran 'stable' in hospital (he's 109)Breaking News
Mr Allingham, who is 109, was admitted to Eastbourne District General in East Sussex on Sunday but is expected to be discharged within the next four days.
He had to pull out of a ceremony on Tuesday night when he was to have been given the freedom of his home town.
Eastbourne Borough Council said the event would be rearranged.
Mr Allingham, the last surviving founder member of the RAF, turns 110 on 6 June.
comments powered by Disqus
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller