Britain's oldest WWI veteran 'stable' in hospital (he's 109)Breaking News
Mr Allingham, who is 109, was admitted to Eastbourne District General in East Sussex on Sunday but is expected to be discharged within the next four days.
He had to pull out of a ceremony on Tuesday night when he was to have been given the freedom of his home town.
Eastbourne Borough Council said the event would be rearranged.
Mr Allingham, the last surviving founder member of the RAF, turns 110 on 6 June.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian