Britain's oldest WWI veteran 'stable' in hospital (he's 109)
Mr Allingham, who is 109, was admitted to Eastbourne District General in East Sussex on Sunday but is expected to be discharged within the next four days.
He had to pull out of a ceremony on Tuesday night when he was to have been given the freedom of his home town.
Eastbourne Borough Council said the event would be rearranged.
Mr Allingham, the last surviving founder member of the RAF, turns 110 on 6 June.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”