City council to mark 1916 Irish uprising
Sinn Fein's Peter Anderson said the 1916 rebellion should be remembered like other events.
The DUP's Joe Millar has said the council should not support it.
"I don't think that Derry City Council, as a council, should be getting involved in this if they are trying to reflect the views of all the people," he said.
"We would not be supporting something that is anti-British."
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)