City council to mark 1916 Irish uprising
Sinn Fein's Peter Anderson said the 1916 rebellion should be remembered like other events.
The DUP's Joe Millar has said the council should not support it.
"I don't think that Derry City Council, as a council, should be getting involved in this if they are trying to reflect the views of all the people," he said.
"We would not be supporting something that is anti-British."
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar