City council to mark 1916 Irish uprising
Sinn Fein's Peter Anderson said the 1916 rebellion should be remembered like other events.
The DUP's Joe Millar has said the council should not support it.
"I don't think that Derry City Council, as a council, should be getting involved in this if they are trying to reflect the views of all the people," he said.
"We would not be supporting something that is anti-British."
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project