Iran Jews express Holocaust shockBreaking News
In a letter to the president, Haroun Yashayaei said the leader's remarks had shocked the international community and caused fear in Iran's Jewish community.
Mr Yashayaei described the Holocaust as one of the most obvious and sad events in the 20th Century.
Six million Jews were killed in Nazi persecution during World War II.
This is the first time that a senior Iranian Jewish leader has openly criticised President Ahmadinejad for denying the Holocaust.
In his strongly-worded letter, Mr Yashayaei asked the president how he could justify what he termed the crimes of Hitler.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
- Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It Down
- Some looted Idlib National Museum artifacts resurface, fate of others a mystery amidst ‘thriving black market trade’
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau constitutional?
- Poll: Millennials desperately need to bone up on the history of communism
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor
- Historian Diana Ramey Berry praises effort to return the skull of Nat Turner to his family