History News Network: Where teachers-in-the-know (and hundreds of thousands of others) go to find out the history behind the stories in the news. It's free. It's timely. It's credible.
Says Eric Foner: "I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world."
Join HNN's growing list of members! We receive more than 10 million hits a month.
To join HNN sign up for our free newsletter! (We do not sell, loan, or share the email addresses of subscribers.)
About HNN's Newsletters
HNN dispatches three newsletters a week:
● Monday Original articles published by historians on HNN
● Wednesday Breaking News & Historians in the News
● Friday Roundup of articles on other sites
To unsubscribe from HNN's newsletter, click here.
Changing Your Email Address
If you want to change your subscriber email address just send us an email indicating your old email address and new email address: Email us by clicking here.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum