Remains of Pearl Harbor victim 'X-2' get a name
Seaman 2nd Class Warren P. Hickok of Kalamazoo, Michigan, was assigned to the USS Sicard when Japanese aircraft attacked the U.S. Navy base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, the Defense Department's POW/Missing Personnel Office said Friday.
Hickok was among crew members who were sent to assist the crew of the USS Cummings, a destroyer docked nearby.
The USS Cummings succeeded in leaving Pearl Harbor with no casualties reported, the office said.
The number of Americans killed in the attack was 2,388, according to the U.S. National Park Service.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic