Remains of Pearl Harbor victim 'X-2' get a name
Seaman 2nd Class Warren P. Hickok of Kalamazoo, Michigan, was assigned to the USS Sicard when Japanese aircraft attacked the U.S. Navy base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, the Defense Department's POW/Missing Personnel Office said Friday.
Hickok was among crew members who were sent to assist the crew of the USS Cummings, a destroyer docked nearby.
The USS Cummings succeeded in leaving Pearl Harbor with no casualties reported, the office said.
The number of Americans killed in the attack was 2,388, according to the U.S. National Park Service.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland