Remains of Pearl Harbor victim 'X-2' get a nameBreaking News
Seaman 2nd Class Warren P. Hickok of Kalamazoo, Michigan, was assigned to the USS Sicard when Japanese aircraft attacked the U.S. Navy base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, the Defense Department's POW/Missing Personnel Office said Friday.
Hickok was among crew members who were sent to assist the crew of the USS Cummings, a destroyer docked nearby.
The USS Cummings succeeded in leaving Pearl Harbor with no casualties reported, the office said.
The number of Americans killed in the attack was 2,388, according to the U.S. National Park Service.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions